Monday, January 29, 2007

I am so proud of myself. First of all, I had the courage to open up my UFO spreadsheet. Turns out, I only had 18 UFOs. Then I pinned my ears back (figuratively speaking) and finished knitting the green scarf. The one I was supposed to give her for Christmas. It's a good thing she's got a birthday coming up in March.

I made it with Peruvian Baby Silk on size 5. The lace comes from some random patterns out of a book.

But that is not all I did. I decided to be brave and I frogged 2, yes TWO projects I knew I wasn't going to finish.
The purple one is a corset, that I didn't take enough time / pay enough attention to the gauge. I learned my lesson. No way it was going to fit. And I wasn't too happy with the decreases. Althoughh, had it fit, I wouldn't have cared. But, it wasn't going to fit, so I used the bad decreases as another reason to frog. The light blue-ish one was going to be a diagonal baby blanket. But it went too slow.
Just not having fun working on it. So I got brave, frogged both in one sitting. I am very proud of myself. And now my UFO list is down to 15. Oh by the way, Ophie had NOTHING to do with the frogging. She didn't help at all, it was all me. (Ophie wanted to play fetch with her moussie, but was too lazy to bring it to me. She knows I'm a pushover and that I will get up an throw her moussie anyway.)

Now, I know myself. I will soon be casting on for rogue, bringing my UFO count up to 16, because I will not have finished something first. And though I think Shelly's advice was excellent : finish the small projects first like the scarf (done!) and the sock (yikes)... The sock is on size 3 needles... size THREE, that is tiny, I am a tight knitter... it will take forever and I have a short attention span. I can't wait that long to finish a sock without starting something new. But all that whining aside, I did work on it did weekend. I turned the heal and I am very proud of myself. But now I am working on the foot part, so I predict I will be putting it down again soon... and starting rogue... just being honest here. Although, I'll put on a few more rows tonight.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you have a wool loving cat too. My daughter's cat even sat on my knitting while it was damp for blocking. I love the scarf.

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The scarf looks great, and congrats on getting it completed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home