Sunday, January 21, 2007

My resolutions

Oh boy, I may have mentioned before I started a spreadsheet with all my UFOs. I was afraid to open it, but I know there are about 20 items in there. Well, to get to a good start in 2007, I have picked these nine UFOs to work and seriously make an attempt to ... work on some more. (I would say finish, but who would I be kidding.)

Let's look at what I've got, the pick blurb is clopatis, below to it a multi-colored lap-ket. Next to that are a lace shawl(-ish) and a sock (second of the pair). In the little ziplock bag is a green skinny scarf (Was supposed to be a christmas present for my mom. Oops) and next to that is my fake fur wrap sans fur. The other off-white think is hopeful, a no seem sweater. The orangy thing will be my ribbi cardi. And finally, there is a ball of yarn with some needles. Soon I will cast on for rogue. Again, I won't kid myself nor anybody else, I will be casting on for rogue. Soon. I hope to maybe finish the skinny scarf, it's almost done. But I can't make any promises, I know I am weak.
However, like I said, these are the UFOs that I will be working in 2007. Maybe finish a few. But definitely make progress. And I hope I will have the strenght to rip a few of the other 11 projects in my spreadsheet. (Yes, some will need to be ripped, I know that, I am slowly making peace with that fact. Maybe next month I'll give it a try.)
Also, I am happy to report that so far, I have added 3 rows to the fur trimmed wrap. It might not sound like much, but when I tell you that each row contains a s**tload of stitches ( I can't even count, I don't even want to count/guess), 3 rows is a bit more impressive. (to me at least)

2 Comments:

At 5:18 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Personally, I'd start with the smaller items like the sock (since there's only one left to do) and the scarf...that way it won't take as long to get them done, they'll get crossed off your list quicker and it will look like you've made a dent in the list :o) At least that's the way I'd do it...

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger kittensmittens said...

yeah, it would be one way to get the numbers in my UFO list down, but the sock are on size 3 needles. It goes too slow! Not that I don't enjoy knitting them, but it takes too long to get to the fun parts, like the heal flap and such ... Not good for people with a small attention span. (and yes, I would love some cheese with my whine, haha)
But, I'm proud to say, I am almost done withe the scarf (on size 5) And then I shall cast on for rogue (just being realistic)
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home