Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Spirit



Last Friday, as I was sitting on the couch, in full self pity mode (a cold will do that to me), I decided I needed to get a Christmas tree. So, I got my butt off the couch, went to Target and got me a tree and decorated it. It cheered me right up, made the appartment so much cozier. I never really go all out on decorations, just too darn lazy and I know they would be up 'til June. So one little tree, just enough to put me in that Christmas Spirit.





While Ophie has none, well, let me phrase that better : she won't be appearing anywhere with bells on. I tried to put some on her collar and get her to sit all cute and sweet next to the tree (bush). No such luck. She was off moping all over the place. But I did get a cute little pic where it looks like she is decorating (or distroying) the bush. Yeah, put a little moussie in there and she can't keep her paws off it. Ha. ( I keep refering to it as a bush, because my "tree" is 6 inches tall, but I love it.)



I know, I know, it's another Ophie filled post. But I've gotten no knitting done. It's just with getting a cold, starting job as substitute teacher (every couple of days) which means I need to get up at 6am and I'm not a morning person which makes me not an evening person either, and many more silly excuses... But, I did finish these two a little while ago. Here's a pic:

An irish hiking scarf in bringt pink and orange. I'm so lucky to have friends that can appreciate the bright colors. And I finally got done adding length to the noro scarf.
Well, I hope I can post about knitting stuff again soon (and not the lack of knitting)...

6 Comments:

At 8:40 AM , Blogger Nik said...

I love that Noro Scarf. Do you know that in all my knitting years, I have YET to knit with that stuff? It's because the projects that I want to make with it are sweaters, and the yarn would cost me well over 100 bucks to make them.

I've got to think smaller. Because I've got to get my hands on some.

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love both of your scarves! Awesome colours in them! Love, love, love the Ophie pics!

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger kittensmittens said...

Yeah, noro can be kinda expensive. I try to get it on sale (try littleknits.com). Hats and scarves are pretty good projects though. Because knitting with noro is so much fun. I love it.

And Ophie thanks you for admiring her. She's trying to be modest right now though, hiding underneath my blanket, punishing me whenever I move my feet.

 
At 2:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your scarves look wonderful. Lucky friends to get them. Your cat is really into the Christmas spirit. HOpe you had a great Christmas and will have a really Happy New Year

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

I like the picture of Ophie towering over the tree.

 
At 3:33 PM , Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

I love the scarves. Wow! And the tree up makes a difference. I felt like Christmas never even came because we didn't put up a tree this year, trying to save time. Hahaha! You can't save time, something will always steal it!

I'm thinking of Noro for a few things, too. I've never knit with it in all my years either but there comes a time for everything. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home