Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Picture day

This is a day of fluf, no substence. In other words, it's a picture post today.
I cast on for a faux sur trimmed wrap. And I deserved it. Because I was good and I finished two more projects.

First is this baby blanket. It's my own design. It's what happened when I tried to make a mittered square blanket and realized I would never get it done before Michelle gives birth to Maya so I had to put in a few regular panels, hehe. I don't remember the yarn, I bought it at Joann's and it's some super soft synthetic baby yarn.

And this is Chocolate Mocha. All it needs is few buttons but I'm showing it off as a FO anyway. The pattern is 'Rosedale' from Knitty. The yarn is September 7th. (LOVE that yarn) The needles were size 8. I've been working on this one for a while. I just got sidetracked with other projects (what, me,... never)

And now something unrelated to knitting, but very much related to blogging. It's my computer. Turns out my Mac had one of those exploding batteries. Apple finally sent me a new non-exploding battery. But while I was waiting on it, the apple website advised on using the labtop without the battery, just the power cord. So I've been using a 'ghetto computer' for the last month. But no more. I'm stylin' again.


And I wouldn't be me if I didn't put a little Ophie montage in. This is her trying to copy the black cat poster... she needs some more practice.

Yesterday, as I'm making my bed, Ophie was all ready to help me put the sheet on. Every time it popped off the matress, she jumped on the bed to make sure it didn't go anywhere. Isn't she sweet.

5 Comments:

At 8:12 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Wow, I hope you're okay and your computer didn't explode! Great blanket!

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger kittensmittens said...

happy to report no explosions! (very happy)

 
At 4:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Roberta,
You do deserve to cast on after finishing all those ufo's. Your cat is so cute, our dog Merle loves playing while we make the bed too

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

I have one of those exploding batteries too...I really should get that fixed, but I like my mobility too much. Maybe I'll just go sit in the corner in the Apple store and refuse to leave until they give me a new one.

Ophie is, as always, terribly cute. So nice to have such a helpful kitty.

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Micky said...

Nice way you got that mitered blanket done. Very ingenius!
:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home