Monday, August 14, 2006

(insert title here)



So first, these pictures have nothing to do with today's post. My friend and I convinced our rugby team to play 7s in pink skirts this summer. And then we came across these stylish skorts, and viola, our 7s uniform.
Can't really come up with a title for today's post. I don't have to much to say. Well, actually I do. I could go on a rant (but I won't) about having to pick up stitches for a button band on chocolate mocha. I don't like picking up stitches, not that many at least. And a button band implies ribbing, yuck. Also, I got a lot of ends to weave in. Never looking forward to that. So I will just keep in mind the finished product and that is almost ready for me to wear. (If I go to a highly airconditioned place, no more heat wave, but still too hot for a wool cardigan.)

But I can put on my recently finished shimmer shrug. I made it using Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece, color truffle (I like stuff named after food, especially desserts) on size 7 needles. I made it through the sleeves, the edging and the weaving in of ends. I would have put in a picture, but the flash on my camera is busted. Everything comes out too dark. I'll get it fixed soon.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

I dig the pink skirts.

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger Lynette said...

Skorts look so much more sophisticated than rugby shorts.

Tip re: your camera's flash...I hardly ever use the flash. Just take a picture of the shrug near a bright window and use natural light.

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the idea of playing Rugby in pink. I wonder what my obsessed husband would think. Currently he is watching the Aussies play the All Blacks so I have not been able to get any sense out of him this last hour.
I always watch a video, or listen to a taped story when doing knitting jobs I dislike.

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger kittensmittens said...

I will be watching the repeat of that game in 2 hours. Hope it's a good one.

We got two kinds of reactions to our summer uniform: people loved it (most did) or they hated it (people with no sense of humor, luckilly very few).
Now the challange will be to come with something even better for next season. Haha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home