Wednesday, July 19, 2006

To cut or not to cut ...

... that is the question.
It is so hot here. I'm thinking about cutting my hair. Ok, the heat actually has very little to do with it. It's the nappiness of it (my hair). I need to get it straightened again. And if you've had it done before and you're tenderheaded like me, that really SUCKS. It's actually only about 20 mintutes of torture, because that is how long the chemicals are on my head, but it feels much longer. And I hate, HATE, basing my scalp the night before. What's that, oh, that is just rubbing a gallon of grease on my scalp so I don't burn. Takes forever (I have a lot of hair to get between and it's always nappy before I get it done) and it's a greasy mess. It makes my head itch, but I can't scratch. Oh no, big no no. I scratch, my head will burn in that spot. (Powerfull chemicals)

Now if I cut it, and by that I mean shave it all off, I wouldn't have that problem.

I always go through this phase. I love my hair once it's been done. It looks fabulous, like you see on tv. My hair obeys the laws of gravity for a short while, it flows in the wind, I can do a Charlie's Angels Cameron Diaz hair shake.
But I'm too lazy to use the flat iron on a daily base, so it goes back in a pony tail, like you see in just about every picture. And now, it is time for me to go to the hairdresser again. Will I walk out fabulous, flowing shoulderlenght locks, or cute, short fro.

But, my contemplating on what to do with my hair did not stop me from finishing the baby dress. It's drying in the bathroom. Pictures will be up soon.

7 Comments:

At 6:52 AM , Blogger Nik said...

I just got my hair cut this weekend and I love it. It's a short bob and I'm so glad to be able to feel the air on my neck.

I'm sure you'll be cute whatever haircut you choose. and it's only hair. it'll grow back.

 
At 7:35 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Do iiiiiiiiiitttttttttt! I want to see it either way, maybe tomorrow? :)

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

Just go with the fro, girl.

 
At 4:02 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

Have you cut it yet?

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger kittensmittens said...

i got it cut. and i just tried to take a picture, but the flash bulb is broken i guess. won't go off. but i will show picture soon.

it's all short, i like it

 
At 4:39 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I need to get my hair cut too. I have fine straight hair that does nothing but hang. I need a cut that has layers so that it gives my hair volume as well. If only it were just a little thicker...

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

My hair is like a flaming chaos elemental. Every once in a while I whack off bits that get too scraggly with scissors or even a pocketknife. It's so curly that no one can tell if it's even, and in fact it hangs much better when cut randomly than if I try to cut it straight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home