Wednesday, July 12, 2006

In time for summer ...

Let me show you what I have been working on ...
The top one is a nice and warm cardigan I have dubbed chocolate mocha. Made with September 7 merino wool. (I love that brand. It's soft, knits up easy, no hassle. Got is at a bag sale.) It's been on the needles for quiet some time, but this summer heat has inspired me to work on it again.
Also, I'm working on a little baby dress. I like it, I'm making it out of microfibre. Soft and synthetic, just what baby likes. But the size 4 needles, ... that just drives my nuts from time to time. And I'm making the 3-6 months size, so I can't put it down too long.
This is a little shrug that I cast on for and finished in one day. I needed a little break from the above projects and this was made on size 13 needles, it's the perfect distraction.This is the anthropology inspired shrug, made it from Mauch Chunky yarn. I won't be needing it for another 2 months at least, but I like it. Come fall, it will keep my shoulders warm.

And now, I must continue writing on my thesis. I have 6 pages so far. A lot more to go in other words.

2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM , Blogger Micky said...

It all looks lovely!
Good luck with the thesis.
:)

 
At 12:54 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

Lovely WIPs there, some good distractions from the thesis!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home