Friday, May 25, 2007

Slowly settling in

Very slowly. I still have several boxes and I put them in front of the door. Hopefully they will start to bug me soon so I can unpack them or just throw everything out.
I also had to hide a few boxes at friends' houses. Michelle was nice enough to house some of my yarn (and she is still housing it). I hid some rugby stuff at another friend's house. And she was housing a few boxes from a third person, who was moving. Turns out the movers accidently took one of my boxes. Turns out it was yarn (I have more than I thought). My yarn got to go on a little trip to MN. Cold MN but it back in sunny SoCal. I'll be picking it up soon.


In the mean time, I haven't finished any knitting, but I did frog something. I actually started frogging, but the other half was hidden at Michelle's house. (Yes, I have problem, I know. Ignoring them won't help, but denial is such a nice place to be.) I found it last night, and frogged out the rest. Here is a little mid-way frogging pic.



Also, a few pics of the showable rooms of my new place. A look at the kitchen and the living/dining room. It's small, overpriced, but I love it.

And let's see, something that happened. I've been long term subbing in a class where you really cannot describe the kids as 'little angels'. Really, devil's spawn is better. But I stuck it out for 8 weeks. Which was very much appreciated by the school. And because I have a science degree, they've offered me a job. (Well, techniqually internship because I don't have my teaching credential, but once I get that taken care of, I'll be there full time.) I'm already thinking about the skeins and skeins of yarn. I don't care if I have no place to put them.

3 Comments:

At 12:17 AM , Blogger monica said...

Your new place looks great! I think you can squeeze in yarn in those empty spots.

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

I love your set up, your apartment is beautiful! Maya can't wait to come over and put her little hands all over everything :)

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger kittensmittens said...

that yarn beanbag chair is sounding like a really good idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home