Thursday, February 23, 2006

moment of silence

El Presidente has called out a moment of silence for my latest yarn disaster. Because that green tangled up, but pretty colored mess she shows you, is mine. I wanted to start some lace yesterday, so I put it on the ball winder and ... the horror started. It was too tight to get off the contraption and I had to take it off in separate parts. Anyway, the mess says it all. It's just too hard for me to talk about it...

Today I cut loose some of the bigger parts, and I will still make a lace shawl out of it. But not today.
No, I cast on for a baby blanket. And I promise to show some pictures soon.

2 Comments:

At 12:51 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

Hey you are back I was wondering where you have been.

I had a disaster on the wool winder and swift once, next to the fire, you can guess where it all ended up out of frustration and anger!!!!

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Lynette said...

Tangled yarn drives me crazy. There is a thread on KR about whether or not anyone likes untangling yarn. Are these people nuts?

So I sympathize. I've done the same thing.

Glad to see you're back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home