Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Carb day

Today turned out to be my carb day, which sounds better than fast food day.
Feeling a little bit bad today because I went to 2 fast food places. Picked up some tacos and fries at one place. Then some more fries at the other place (4 hours between each visit). And I can't help it, but having to cram those tasty little carb sticks into my mouth because I have to shift as I am speeding (at 40 mph) down the 405, I do feel like a slob.
But, I did manage to turn my carbs into energy, which I used for playing a friendly game of touch rugby.
And now, I'm home, I've showered, and I can't be bothered to fix anything decent to eat. I still have some Trader Joe's risotto in the freezer. Microwavable. Yes!
So now I will knit off the carbs, haha, while sitting on my butt. Happy to report my sock is now 1 3/4 ". Not super long, I know, but I am making a little bit of progress each day. They are fun to knit, I must admit. And I think I put 2 more rows on the shawl. Again, not much, but hey, I'm glad I'm doing some knitting. I don't have that much spare time these days.

Before I go, what is up with basic cable channels showing sci fi type shows. There's about 4 coming out this fall, aliens, monster, people talking to dead people... Don't get me wrong, I love those shows. I'm a sci fi geek. But they don't always do it right. Fox started this show, Point Pleasant, OK premise, some girl washes to shore in a little quiet town, and it will turn out she is the devil's child, or something like it, but she is actually a nice person. I could watch it, but it was turning into the OC. I don't want to see boyfriend trouble, he said she said cat fights... I want to see some freeky supernatural unexplainable stuff. Needless to say, the show didn't last long.
On the other hand, when they do get it right, people might not get it, and again. The show doesn't last long. Case and point, Now and again, good show. They have reruns on the sci fi channel. I'm sure it didn't help that another channel ran a show called Once ang again at the same time. Premise: couple consisting of 2 diverorcees, both having kids, trying to make their relationship work. Not a bad show, but not very supernatural. And it is hard to keep those titles separate, I had to imdb it to check.
Anyway, just a little rant about nothing. We'll what lovely new shows the fall has to offer.

If you made it this far, notice the new link in my list under cool blogs, it's image zone, a very cool picture blog.

3 Comments:

At 10:11 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

I love carbs, which is why I battle with maintaining my weight but I heard such a great saying the other day 'hundreds of women said no to dessert on the Titanic and what for!!!!'

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Me too -- I went to Johnny Rocket's and actually didn't order the fries, but they brought them anyway! Haven't they even heard of Atkins?! ;)

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger Lynette said...

Carb day sounds way better than FF day. You are an athlete, though, you can afford to splurge here and there.

Thanks for the plug about Image Zone :-) New pictures are up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home