Monday, March 06, 2006

Veni, vidi, vici

Yesterday, I had to pleaure of meeting of whole bunch of SoCal knit bloggers (list of attendees here, thanks Crissy, and thanks to Lauren for organizing). Which was awesome. I came a bit late, but just in time for lunch at Busters, where they have an super yummy, calorificly chocolaty brownie dessert. I know some people took a picture so just go and browse their sites. But, I also found out about Purl Soho. Apparently it is a store in NY but has it's warehouse over here, a mile away from my house. So today I had to go and check it out.
I came to the place and thanks to Lori's good directions, I knew I had to walk 'round back to get to the entrance. I saw all the yarn, such lovely yarn. The beauty of it is (for me) I can look up what I want on their website and then just go to the store to pick it up. Because it is a warehouse, all the yarns are there but the prices are not advertised very well (which of course you could ask the girl every five minutes). But I love this place! They have so much lucious yummy yarn, I wish I could swim in it. And I am proud to say I conquerred my weakness. I actually didn't buy any yarn. I wish I could say I was strong, but I purpously left my credit card at home. (I'm thinking I should reward myself by going back tomorrow to get some yarn.)

Bottom line, if you live in the SoCal area and you like the luxurious yarns, go there. So worth the trip.

6 Comments:

At 8:54 AM , Blogger Lynette said...

I have heard about Purl Soho's warehouse in SoCal. Are the prices discounted at all?

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger lori said...

tee hee! You couldn't resist hunh? :)
I'm glad to hear that it was a good visit!!

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger kittensmittens said...

the prices are not discounted. the advantage for me is that I wouldn't have to pay shipping costs (and the stuff that is on sale on the website is on sale in the warehouse too.)

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Elspeth said...

Thanks for the tip! Next time I'm visiting down South I'm definitely going!

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger kittensmittens said...

address for purl soho:
1599 Superior Avenue, suite B8
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

and after you go there, I suggest you go to suzoo's for some good deals, it's just around the corner.
711 W. 17TH ST., UNIT F9, COSTA MESA, CA 92627 ~ 949-574-0005
http://www.suzooswoolworks.com/

(And on you way back to the freeway, pass by the sheared sheep. new store, very nice people, gotta support that.
2675 Irvine Ave Suite E, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
http://theshearedsheep.com/ )

 
At 2:50 AM , Blogger Jerry said...

Did you ask about the sale bins? They have two or three sale bins at 20 to 40% off. I was there at lunch today myself. Oh did you go upstairs and see the needles tools. If you like luxury yarns drive south on the 405/5 to Crown Valley Pkwy go left till it ends and on the right is La Petite Knitterie. Well worth the drive. Lots of hand died and hand spun yarns. Tell them Twisted Knitster sent you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home