Friday, March 03, 2006

Temptation


temptation
Originally uploaded by kittensmittens.
I have been good. I have been knitting on the baby blanket (yeah and it is a totally different one than I was working on earlier, that one has not been finished yet, it is crumpled up on my desk). It's not at an impressive stage, but I try to put a few rows on every day. And I have ignored to calls of temptation. Oh yes, I have ignored the two different kinds of lace that are begging for me to cast them on. It has been hard, but I have been good. And then there is to soon (relatively speaking, we're talking about me here, so I'll just say "one day") to be clapotis. That yarns has been more subtle, it hasn't really screamed but it just goes around whispering. All of a sudden I hear a little : "hey, psst, down here, yeah, come on, cast on, use me, use me, it's ok, nobody has to know, nobody will judge you, just a few rows, it will be on big needles..." And I guess that tactic has been the most succesfull. Tonight will give in to the rainbow boucle and cast on for clapotis. Sorry baby blanket, for I am weak.

4 Comments:

At 8:56 AM , Blogger Lynette said...

What is it about baby blankets that bores knitters? I have one on the needles also, for a friend. It's in stockinette. It's lame. I am extremely tempted to cast on for my own baby blanket but I'm crocheting that one so it doesn't seem so boring.

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sigh...I admit it...I too am weak in this department. I had 2 pairs of socks on the go and just had to start a new scarf out of some of the yarn I had dyed with kool aid...

 
At 12:46 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

I started a baby blanket but gave up after a while, TOO BORING!!!

Go on cast on I did ;)

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger kittensmittens said...

I cast on right after this post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home