Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Details

Forgot to post the details on the jacket. Well, it's made with Rowan Yorkshire tweed aran on size 10 needles (oh yeah!!). Only used 4 skeins. Pattern is from the Vogue Knitting 2005 Holiday issue. It is a pretty simple thing, knits up fast. Even faster is you ignore some things the patterns tells you. Like accidently forgetting to do an increase in the front, and by not being bothered to do the actual collar but instead choosing to do some short rows. All though I made up for my short cuts by making long sleeves instead of three quarters. And I knit those a bit too long so I didn't need to put any ribbing or edging on the sleeves (another time saver).
In the end, mine is very different from the original, which I would love to attribute to creativity, but really it's because I can't (or can'te be bothered) to follow a pattern.

1 Comments:

At 6:26 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

It looks great on you! I think it is nicer than the original one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home