Friday, March 10, 2006

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner ..."

Oh yes, I still remember that scene from Dirty Dancing. I thought is was the best movie ever when it came out. (Granted, I was young.) And then Patrick Swayze stands up to det. Lenny Briscoe (too much Law and Order) and takes Baby (Jennifer something) and they dance like they've never danced before. They dance the dance of their lives. And then everybody dances. Everybody is happy because they discover they are all great dancers with great rhythm.
Why am I reminiscing? Ophie. I think she is channeling or re-enacting that particular scene. Her dance partner is her food. She looks up at me and says :"Nobody puts tasties in the corner ..." and then she shoves her food bowl into the middle of the kitchen. But she doesn't stop there. No, apparently I must be punished more. Last night she actually stole all my covers and the night before that she almost pushed me out of my queen sized bed.
So that is it, no more movies for her. No more animal planet either (she starts to think she is an actual tiger). No more tv. And she will eat her food in the corner!

5 Comments:

At 8:05 PM , Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I loved watching Dirty Dancing...still enjoy it too, though I haven't seen in for awhile now. I think it was Jennifer Grey/Gray who played Baby wasn't it? Will have to look into that now...lol.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Lynette said...

That was Lenny Briscoe?? I'll have to check the DVD out now.

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger kittensmittens said...

Yep, Jerry Orbach.

 
At 3:50 AM , Blogger Micky said...

Yes I too remember that movie. I went to the theatre to see it. I still think they should have found somebody prettier to play Baby. I mean, doesn't Patrick deserve a better leading lady?
Just saying.
:)

 
At 2:51 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

You have made us all remember a great movie, we were all in love with Patrick Swayze.

They are very particular about their food.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home