Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Hate being sick

Aaaarrrrggghhhhhh!!! I am in self pity mode. It must be horrible to be around me right now. And all I have is a simple cold. Nothing more. But the stuffy nose and all, I want it to end.
Yesterday I made some really yummy butternut squash soup. I know it was yummy because I had some when I could still taste things. Today at work, I don't want to be here, I just want to take a nap, it's all horrible (you know what I'm talking about). And then ... lunch rolls around. I brought some soup from home, looking forward to just doing some surfing on the web, eating my yummy hot soup. Really, just a little cozy lunch break. Forget it. I could just as well have gone and microwaved some mud. Can't taste a thing. So there goes my cozy lunch break. So much for my yummy comfort soup. *sob, sniff, sniff*

Haven't done much knitting, so no exciting update about how I finished a gorgeous sweater that looks fabulous on me. No, none of that.
I am just in a bah humbug kinda mood. Can't help it. But to make up for making you deal with my bah humbug rant, here is the recipe for the butternut squash soup.
Ingredients: yellow onion, 4 garlic cloves, sage, 4 cups of chicken stock, 1 butternut squash (medium to big), 1 carrot, 2 apples and some olive oil (and I put in some frech rosemary, but only because it was the christmas tree)
Instructions: Put couple of table spoons of olive oil in pan and heat up chopped onion, garlic and sage. While that is heating up, peal and chop the sqaush and throw it in there. Chop up the carrot and add it too. Stir a little bit and then pour in the broth. Cook for about 20min, 'til the veggies are soft. Let is cool a bit and then throw it all in the blender and add the apples at this time. I added a little salt, pepper and ginger powder for flavoring.
Heat it up again and enjoy with some tasty bread.

2 Comments:

At 1:45 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I know just the thing to make you feel better, yarn acquisition.

Today must be rant day. I've been ranting since I woke up.

 
At 10:12 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

The soup sounds good! I hope you are able to taste it again soon...that part of being sick always sucks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home