Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Cleaning up the mess

I just can't take it, right now. I'm at work, bangin my head against the desk. My predecessor wrote a pipeline (several computer programs to be run in a certain order) it is my job to make sure his pipeline runs and does so correctly. He wrote down some notes too, for me to follow. Not bad you think. BUT HIS NOTES SUCK! I look at his programs and I am supposed to create lists, but he doesn't say how, or what is in then. He has several program, different programs, same name. They are in different directories so the computer allows it. Well I don't! It is very frustrating. I thought I was getting near the end. But as Whitney would say "hell to the no", I am nowhere near done.

I guess deep down I knew it was coming, because I did a little preemptive breakdown cast on. I got the new Vogue Knitting, and just had to go for the cropped jacket. I have some lovely Rowan Tweed, the gauge is perfect for the project. It makes me happy that I can go home, ignore the work for my presentation tomorrow and knit my jacket. The thought of working on size 11 needles ... pure joy. Of course, I have about 5 square inches of the left front knit and I think my error count is some on the order of 1 mistake per square inch. But I guess I will fix it in my usual way. I will just ignore them and make the same mistake on the right front. (Oh, yeah, my soul is all mine, haha)

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM , Blogger Lynette said...

Just catching up with you. I know how you feel about work...er, someone else's work. That always sucks.

Love the sock! What I've done for the second sock is try a different technique (to avoid the boredom) and that has worked.

Ophie was really orange, huh? My cats would never let me do that.

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Just found your blog and your sock looks great. Your cat and mine could almost be twins definately siblings.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home